Our suggestions for exploring the region
- With your family...Are you dreaming of a real family trip? We’ve come up with plenty of activities for young and old alike, and to suit all pockets! Treasure hunt, boat ride, picnic, tales and puppet shows, fairy cave, play areas, adventure park, etc. – all this and more is waiting for you right here in Lorraine Gaumaise.
- For a romantic break...Love is in the air on the gentle hillsides of Lorraine Gaumaise. Sipping a glass of Tendera with your beloved with a view over the ruins of the Château de Montquintin, making a wish at the Mathilde fountain, eating in a fireside alcove, walking along the Othain and feeling your hearts beating as one as you stroll together down the paths of Lorraine Gaumaise…
- With friends...We love partying and having fun in Lorraine Gaumaise! A torch-lit visit to the citadel, going bowling whilst enjoying a nice glass of Orval beer, kayaking on the Semois, a barbecue on the banks of the Thonne or the Loison, a walk looking at the wild orchids on our chalk grasslands… Lorraine Gaumaise with friends is an absolute must!
- On your own...Do you need some time alone to take your mind off things in a charmingly magical, bewitching setting? Meeting “Tendre Violette” straight out of a comic book by Jean-Claude Servais on the edge of a forest, walking along the fortifications of the citadel of Montmédy, sunbathing in Torgny, walking and exploring the contemporary facilities in Montauban, etc. These are just a few suggestions which will give you exactly what you are looking for.
- Senior citizens...Fancy organising a trip which is accessible to everyone and packed with a thousand things to discover? If so then Lorraine Gaumaise is the place for you! A visit to the famous Musée Gaumais, a little trip to the charming village of Marville with its Renaissance façades, a chocolate tasting in Florenville, a little tea dance to get your spirits swinging – it’s all just for you!
- Tourism & disabilitiesThere are no barriers here in Lorraine Gaumaise! We’ve chosen sites for you all suitable for people with reduced mobility. Explore the fascinating world of beer at the Musée de la Bière (beer museum) in Stenay, visit the Etienne Lenoir museum, the Musée Gaumais and the Abbaye d’Orval, etc. these are all places which will give you the kind of welcome you’ve a right to expect.
- In a group...Are you yearning after beautiful landscapes, remarkable architecture, lovely food and a warm welcome? Come and explore the majestic Château de Louppy-sur-Loison, the sumptuous basilica of the Champs d’Avioth, the vineyard of Torgny, the Gallo-Roman site of Chameleux, the little markets with their local produce - all to be found in Lorraine Gaumaise.
- On business...It’s time to relax and take a break. Lorraine Gaumaise is a fun-packed, attractive destination - it’ll make your every wish come true. There’s so much to do, including paintballing in Saint-Léger, an orienteering course at the citadel of Montmédy, visits to breweries, rappelling and canopy tours on the X-Cape adventure site in Florenville, a game of golf in Virton, a visit to the Château d’Herbeumont, etc.
Our website is visually-oriented and rather unconventional; we’ve tried to make it the way you want it. We’ve scoured the length and breadth of Lorraine Gaumaise to bring you the very best of everything there is to see and do in the region. Read more...
Coups de coeur
Du Saturday, 05 September 2015
au Sunday, 13 September 2015
6760 - Virton
Site web : http://www.virton.be
For the 5th year, Virton hosts Cuest'art, an artists joutney that takes place in historical places but also in unusual places: museum, library, middle-ages cellars, private houses, art galleries,...